Marrero & Wydler have close to 30 years combined experience representing employers and employees in civil cases. We can help individuals and businesses in wage and hour disputes in South Florida including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach.
We handle different kinds of wage and hour disputes:
- Overtime Claims: failing to pay overtime, paying overtime as straight pay or regular rate, or working hours off the clock.
- Waiters and wait-staff claims or tipped employees: restaurants and bars are permitted to pay lower hourly wages than the minimum wage to their tipped employees so long as certain requirements are met like providing notice.
If wages are being paid by the following businesses, FLSA overtime requirements apply:
- Construction Companies
- Convenience Stores and Supermarkets
- Retail Stores
- Miami Overtime Violations
- 2014 Minimum Wage in Florida and FLSA
- Minimum Wage and Overtime Coverage
- Tipped Employees and FLSA
- FLSA Overtime Exemptions
- FLSA Overtime Compensation and Damages
- FLSA Record Keeping
It is important to contact the employment attorneys at Marrero & Wydler if there is a concern about a wage and hour dispute. These kinds of cases can be costly to pursue and an employee may be able to recover a significant amount of damages. We are available to assist business owners and individuals in wage and hour disputes at (305) 446-5528.