As an experienced attorney, Lourdes Espino Wydler, Esq. represents public officials, state agencies, corporations and municipalities. Her trial and appellate practice has an emphasis on employment law, civil rights, and premises liability. She has obtained multiple reported defense dismissals and summary judgments in state and federal courts including Title VII, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, FCRA, §1983 and retaliation claims. Lourdes Wydler also has defended negligent security and personal injury claims for Fortune 100 companies as well as constitutional tort claims on behalf of government officials and universities. She regularly handles breach of contract claims, defamation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims stemming from a termination or employee discipline.
Ms. Wydler has developed an effective appellate practice for the firm through incisive brief writing and presenting oral arguments at the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and district courts of appeal in Florida. She has negotiated significant dollar exposure cases with favorable results for her clients. In addition to litigation, she advises management and in-house counsel on employment related issues and company policies. Lourdes Wydler was recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine for consecutive years as a Rising Star in Florida under 40 years of age.
Lourdes Wydler is an adjunct faculty member at Florida International University teaching Administrative Law. She also is a featured writer for FPMA’s quarterly industry magazine, Petrogram, by Naylor LLC.
- Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2004
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2007
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. cum laude – 2003
- Honors: President, Moot Court Board
- Law Review: Psychology Public Policy and Law Review, Member, Editorial Board
- University of Toronto
- M.A. – 2000
- Major: Criminology
- University of Maryland
- B.A. – 1999
- Major: Government and Politics
- Leaving the Door Open for Liquor Liability , Petrogram, Fall 2013, at 33.
- Staying Away from Negligent Security Lawsuits , Petrogram, Winter 2013, at 17.
Florida’s Slip and Fall Statute Up in the Air, Petrogram, Summer, 2014.
- Overtime Misclassification and the Manager Misnomer, Petrogram, Fall 2014.
- Termination To-Do’s, Petrogram, Winter 2014.
- Making Hiring Decisions Using Social Media, Petrogram, Spring 2015.
- Strategies in ADA Public Accessibility, Petrogram, Summer 2016.
- Discrimination: Cases Just got Easier for Employees, Petrogram, Winter 2016.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient: Who’s Who in American Law Schools
- John O’Keefe Memorial Award
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 – 2011, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda – (Graduate Honor Society)
- Defense Research Institute